Sunday, February 3, 2008

The House of Sickness

Well--we've been home-bound all weekend. I'm now moved into the guest room...Rick has been in bed since Wednesday. Seriously...since Wednesday! Emma and Jackson have the runny nose/cough left from their bout with the flu.

We had 8" of snow here--I let Jackson go out and play for about an hour. Emma has been dying to go, but I haven't let her due to her cold. So I let her wear her snow boots in the house and I made snow slushy drinks.

I've cooked all weekend--homemade chicken noodle soup, beef stew, oatmeal raisin cookies, cinnamon rolls...grilled cheese, homemade quesadillas...There isn't too much more I know how to cook!

Super Bowl is tonight--Emma keeps asking when the golfball is coming...She's a little confused:) No big plans other than to camp out and watch the game/commercials with the kids.

Hoping that maybe tomorrow Rick will feel better and come out of the bedroom! Wonder if everyone wasn't sick, would we just jump right back into our crazy lives...maybe this is God's way of forcing us to take a break and just spend time together. For as sick and crabby as everyone has been, it's been really great to be home and take care of my family.

No comments: