Memorial Weekend was great for us. Rick worked his last night for the Winfield Police Dept. on Friday night. Although it was a great experience for Rick, he's on to greener pastures...bigger opportunities and the chance to really do what he loves working for the Berkley Police Dept.
Saturday, we ran like crazy people...shopping and getting ready for the Couple's Shower we were hosting on Sunday for Jack and Anita. Best of all, Rick and I were able to slip out Saturday night for a date night--much needed!!
Sunday, we hosted a Couple's Baby Shower for Jack and Anita...Little Bennett will be here early June...or maybe sooner! We had a great time...the traditional baby shower with a "twist".
Many of the male guests brought funny gag gifts for Jack...passing the knowledge down...or the testosterone I should say! All in all, we had a great time! 
OTHER PICS....
Then Monday, we headed down the street...literally! We took the kids and both dogs to the Hilton Garden Inn in O'Fallon. I think there were only three or four guests in the whole hotel! We went swimming...we ordered room service for dinner...and finished the night with a movie! I slept in a Double bed with both kids...Rick sprawled out in the other bed...both dogs snoring on the floor...ahhh..heaven!!
By Tuesday night, we were back in the swing...and Rick was set to start his new job at Berkley the next day! He cleaned his handcuffs, polished his boots, prepped his belt with all the gear and then...he tried on his uniform pants only to find that they were a size too small...with no spare! And now it was 11:30 p.m. and no options other than to plow through his first day with a wedgy!
So to bed he went...frustrated and worried that he'd look like a doof on his first day of work! I awoke to the first signs of sunlight and realized we had no electricity in our bedroom--we blew a breaker sometime during the night. Never a dull moment at the Daleen House I tell you...NEVER! After the initial panic that Rick would not only have to wear tight pants to work...but more importantly...he'd be late for his first day, I realized that it was only 5:15 and Rick was due to get up at 5:30. These are the moments that I truly believe there is a Higher Power looking after us! So it all worked out...I kissed Rick goodbye and offered him a few words of encouragement ....."Love you...Good Luck and Whatever you do, don't sit down...you might split your pants!
Needless to say...his first day was great!!!
In other news...Jackson's last day of school is Monday, June 2nd. He is so excited to start his summer vacation! We have lots planned for him this summer...YMCA Camp, Youth Guitar Camp, Boy Scout Shooting Camp. He can't wait to stay up late and sleep in every day!!
Today, Jackson's school had an Awards Ceremony--Jackson received 4 awards!!!
- Magical Math Magician Award
- Rockin' Reader Award
- Awesome Author Award
- Steller Speller Award
CONGRATULATIONS TO JACKSON...We're very proud of you!!!!
Emma has her last dance class next Tuesday...I filmed another movie to show the progress she has made. She absolutely LOVES the class! Next up...Swim Lessons starting June 5th!! Check out her latest dance moves:
So that's about it for now...I'll try and write again as soon as I can!
1 comment:
OK sooo Rick had a big week (congrats son on gettng to "live your dream")...Jackson had a big week (congratulations Jackson on all your awards)Emma had a great week at dance class (good for you Emma, we are looking forward to seeing you dance in person) and Kelly, what did you do??? Such a slacker!! Oh wait a minute...you're the MOM, the glue that holds the whole bunch together! Give yourself a big pat on the back from me! Luv you All!
Post a Comment