Sunday, May 4, 2008

Big Weekend at the Daleen House!

Well, everyone gets to be in the week's blog news!!!

First, Jackson graduated from being a Bear Scout to a Webelos today. Each parent got to ceremoniously remove the Bear neckerchief and replace it with the new Webelos one! Jackson got a graduation certificate and his new Webelos manual!! Congratulations to Jackson..we're very proud of him!!




Jackson also started a "club"--he wrote up a contract listing all the rules of the club. You know Jackson, he went all out...working until bedtime and getting up before school to write the contract. He is the General...and he's assigned each neighborhood kid a role..Captain...Asst. Captain...Privet (that's Privates). He said he wants to build a fort in the backyard to conduct his meetings..told him it brought back memories of when I was a kid...I had a club--the BlueJays...and I wanted a two-story white clubhouse...but I settled for using the shed area that we stored the lawn mower. Suggested Jackson investigate having meetings under our deck as an alternative!!


Next, Emma...she officially graduated from her Princess tricycle today to Jackson's toddler bike! She still hasn't figured out how to work the brakes and stop when barrelling down hill, but she definitely has the peddle-work down when she wants to go!!







Bubba went to the Vet yesterday and got the last of his vaccination shots...so he's caught up for the year and next on the list...he's neutering appointment...Just another day for you and me...but OH! What a day for him. That's planned for early June!!
Snickers is doing well...such the mother dog... She loves to play with Bubba --although she doesn't have the stamina of our little Bubba. We know she's had enough of the puppy drama when we find her tucked under the hanging clothes in our closet upstairs!




Rick is doing good--his schedule at work changed for May...so he's back on nights Thurs- Sat., but there's still ample time for us to be together as a family!

And then there's me...the weekend started off a bit crazy as I worked Saturday morning...but then I was able to disconnect and enjoy myself. My favorite thing to do lately is just "stay home"! The kids have made friends in the neighborhood...they all ride their bikes and play...it's just fun being outside..sitting on the front porch and enjoying all that's going on! By the way, picked up my new prescription of Allegra and Entex today--so I'll be able to enjoy the outdoors for at least another month!!













So that's our crazy life...our wonderful crazy life. I was able to take a few pictures this weekend...so enjoy!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Congratulation to Jackson! Wow a Webelo Scout. Wea re very proud of you! Before you know it you will be an Eagle Scout.
Give Bubba our regrets oabut the whole nuetering thing...but then how bad can it be...I mean how big can his little nuggies be? Love the blog..it's a great way to know whats going on! Luv ya, MawMaw Sherri & PawPaw Dev