On December 30th, we lost Rick's brother, Bill. Even though we've had five years to "get used to the idea" that Bill had cancer, there isn't anything like the actual loss of a friend and brother. The anticipation of this very moment has been something I would never wish upon anyone. He was an exceptional person with so many talents...and quite honestly, one of the most positive people I have ever met in my life. Electic and unique...incredibly intelligent and confident, Bill really lived and enjoyed his life!
This experience has been quite difficult for our family, especially in this past year...on so many levels. We were blessed to actually visit with Bill twice in person this past year. As we come to the close of 2007 and walk into 2008, we find peace in knowing that his suffering is over and he is with his family in Heaven.
I will tell you all what I told Bill the last time I hugged him goodbye in mid December...
Enjoy every moment that you have...
Focus on every single second..
Know that I love you with all my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment