Then we headed to the Renaud Spirit Center for her lesson...She met a friend named Hannah and all was good.
She listened...she smiled...she was focused on the teacher!!!!!
Then, after a trip to the bathroom, she didn't want to get back in the water...she was done! She cried ...real tears...she said she was scared...she said she wanted to get out...she kept giving the other kids dirty looks because they were splashing and getting water on her.

In true Emma fashion, when the class was over, with fresh tears still on her cheeks and snot running out of her nose, she ran over to the teacher and said, "Thank you...See you next Tuesday!" and gave him a big hug! She then proceeded to throw a full-blown screaming fit because she wanted to stay in the water...unbelievable!
At this point, I think it was probably 110 degrees in the pool area..the air was humid and I began sweating. For those of you who really know me...you know...I don't do heat. The louder she screamed, the hotter I got. I just slowly and calmly walked Emma to the car. She cried and screamed the whole way...furious that her towel was dragging on the floor and was falling off her shoulders.
So...who wants to take her next week?
1 comment:
Like I said...you're the glue that holds it all together! I'm sure you will be there, right by her side next week. Next week just take your ear plugs!!
Post a Comment