Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our Family Reunion at Scheidemantel's!

Well...our fun-filled family reunion weekend has come to an end. We had a great time visiting with so many relatives...people we only get to see every couple of years or so! I knew it was going to be a good time, when the only things that were required of us were to bring a dessert, an appetizer and an alcoholic shot! What more could you want? Check out the slide show for more pictures from our weekend!

Click to play Family Reunion 6-08
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook



The kids had an absolutely fabulous time! I asked both the kids what their favorite part was...Emma said the necklace she made and Caleb's birthday cake that had icing in the middle! Jackson said hands down...the trip to Walmart in Salem with Ma Ma Meredith where he got the Playstation II Indiana Jones Video Game! He literally carried it around with him all weekend!
Jackson had a blast swimming, canoeing with Pa Pa Dan and going on the paddle boat with Chloe and Wendy. Emma had fun bee-boppin' around with Caleb and Alexander...She also fell in love with the sandpit...a giagantic sandbox! Let's just say, that girl needs to go to the beach someday soon! She laid in the sand...and had me cover her entire body up to her neck! I just kept thinking "Eeeww! Who's child is this?" She had sand everywhere!
Unfortunately, Rick wasn't able to join us because he had to work...and we didn't have cell phone service....so needless to say, we missed him a lot and we were ready to head home this morning. So, I packed the car...buckled in the kids and off we went down Highway 44!
I got off at the Gray Summitt exit, thinking I'd take the kids on a scenic ride home through St. Albans. Well, in addition to making both the kids car sick from the ups and downs of our country road drive... I added about an hour to our trip because I got lost! Finally Jackson said, "Hey mom, isn't that the gas station we stopped and got gas at a while back!" I then realized I was back at 44 and Gray Summit...I had made a huge circle...don't ask me how because I have no idea and obviously no sense of direction! So I gave up on the country ride, jumped back on 44 and headed home!
So now 3 1/2 hours into our normal 2 1/2 hour trip...we made it to Wentzville where we boarded Bubba ...mind you..a place that was recommended by his vet. The kids were both anxious to see him and they were fighting over who would hold him on the ride home. As the lady brought him to us, we all started petting him and he was kind of damp. The lady said, "Oh, he might be a little wet, he was playing outside in the water"....so we gathered up Bubba and walked out.
It wasn't until we were in the car that we realized...Bubba was FILTHY! I couldn't believe it...I just kept saying, "What could have possibly happened to him in 48 hours!...What kind of water was he playing in...German Shepard pee?" It was like he rolled in pee and then they lathered him in some kind of perfume powder! He was actually STICKY! It was disgusting. It was so bad that neither kid would hold the dog and our normal hyper energetic Bubba just laid his head on my chest and looked at me like, "You have NO IDEA what I've been through lady!". It was so bad that when we got home I didn't even unpack the car! I just parked the car...took the dog straight upstairs, gave him a bath and then stripped my clothes off and washed them in scalding hot water! No lie!
So now, it's about 11:45...The kids are asleep...Snickers is in bed with Jackson and Bubba is in his cage literally in a coma...fluffy and smelling fresh, but out cold.
Next week..Jackson has Youth Guitar Camp at the Renaud Center and then we're taking a long weekend in Branson. Silver Dollar City here we come!
Take care and talk to you soon!

No comments: