So Emma received an award from her preschool today...La nina de la semana!!!!
Know what that means...yeah, neither did we! Ahh..the beauty of having your child go to a bilingual school...we don't understand a damn thing anyone says! Had to look up in an Spanish/English dictionary on Yahoo to learn that Emma received the Student of the Week award!
She is doing so great at her new school...still says that the playground is her favorite thing! She loves Mr. Kerry and Nucci (The Owners) and her teacher, Ms. Maria. She is also doing very well with not wetting her pants during nap time. We also get the daily run-down of who peed in their pants at school...a very big deal when you're three!
She has already been on a field trip to the Library and next week she gets to go to the Centennial Farms Apple Orchard! She can also count to 8 in Spanish now. It's obvious that they are teaching her how to pronounce words all day long because she comes home and says, "Repeat after me Mommy, say O....livia....Say Nic..olas..." She also talks in jibberish...sounds like another language, but it's not...like she is mimicing what she most likely hears all day. It really is amazing how they are teaching her the language...they speak in full Spanish...repeating themselves over and over...and as she stands there silent with this confused look on her face...they start to pepper in English words so that she can piece the sentence together....Meanwhile, I'm standing there looking at them like, "WHAT Speaka de english?"...Emma just goes with the flow and doesn't seen bothered at all by it.
She received the award because she has been such a good girl at school! Congratulations to Emma...We're VERY VERY proud of you!!
Meanwhile, I just returned from a trip to Walgreens to get Emma some cough medicine. I walked in with my wallet under my arm and my phone. I picked up the cough medicine, checked out...reached in my front pockets for my keys and couldn't find them. I could have sworn I could hear my keys jingling around...and I kept checking my front pockets. So I started re-tracing my steps...and everyone I walked past seemed to sound like they had my keys. Then...after about 5 minutes of panic, I realized...Oh...the keys are STICKING OUT OF MY BACK POCKET!!! Story of my life lately folks...story of my life!
1 comment:
Way to go Emma! We are very proud of you too! We enjoyed haveing yu and Jackson spend the night on Saturday.
LOve you Guys! MawMaw and PawPaw
Post a Comment