Saturday, September 27, 2008

Emma's 2nd Soccer Game--9/27

Well, this week's game went a bit smoother than last week's. I purposely arrived a 1/2 hour early to help her get acclimated with the field...the players, etc. It seemed to work. Our brilliant coach decided to put Emma in first as Goalie. Emma got to wear a red jersey and she kicked and threw the ball a couple of times. It was the perfect spot for her because there is a dedicated parent there to talk to her the whole time! She served as Goalie for the whole first quarter!! After that, she went into the game a few times...we told her that she didn't have to touch the ball, but she could run all she wanted...that seemed to work! She did great! And she still thinks the best part of soccer is the snack and Caprisun they get at the end of the game. I brought my camera but ran out of batteries before I could even get one shot--so the enclosed shots are from my cell phone...enjoy!

No comments: