Well, I've spoken to many of you about my job situation. It has been an unbelievable journey and it appears that it is coming to an end. Through this process, I've learned many things and I made the decision the night before last to leave the company after 13 years. I actually made the decision a while back, but actually had to say it out loud to the new owners the other day. It was incredibly scary because the new company didn't play nice and I was forced to get an attorney involved and play the biggest and most important chess game of my life (at least so far!).
It took some manuevering...and had to take things all the way up the chain to the Head Legal Counsel and the Sr. VP of HR to get a decision...but they have advsied that I am eligble for severance. Now I'm negotiating transition times with them to determine when I'll officially leave. Of the 11 people on the Management Team, 10 of us have either chosen to leave or have been asked to leave. Says something, doesn't it?
So, I'm on to greener pastures...the ideas are flowing and I'm VERY excited about the future! Thanks to everyone who listened to me rant and rave over the past few months...thanks for all the advice...all the votes of confidence...and most importantly...thanks for just being there for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment