Thursday, January 29, 2009

Life in The Slow Lane...Or Is It?

Well, I haven't spoken to many of you in the last couple of weeks...but I have officially kicked off my new life! Let me paint a picture of the life I now call, UNEMPLOYMENT!

First let me start by saying, I am truly blessed to have this time off of work...It's really been a lot of fun. But I can't lie...I like to be busy! So I've painted the family room, hung window boxes, organized all the bills/receipts from 2000 to 2008 and I'm still cleaning the basement! Every disorganized drawer I open becomes it's own mini project! I've updated my Social Security card with my married name (What? It's only been 12 years in the making!) and I've created a filing system that organizes all our important papers (that was only after I couldn't find my birth certificate and marriage license!). Check out the pics of our NEW FAMILY ROOM!












My mainstays have been creating the weekly grocery list, getting the mail, cooking dinner every night, doing laundry and cleaning out the dishwasher! I have researched online printable coupons, began cutting coupons and scoping out the weekly grocery adds! Last night, I jumped up at around 8 p.m...."Has anyone gotten the mail yet?" Rick looked at me like I had three heads. He said, "Are you expecting something in the mail?" I said, "Yes, there could be coupons...or maybe even a VALUE PAK!" The kids are now begging to eat out at a restaurant...Oh, how our lives have changed! Being an Executive responsible for $150 million in revenue, 100+ people and 300+ projects a year, you'd think I could figure out the laundry and the dishwasher. I can't seem to find a routine, so they both just run constantly! And every time I sit down at the computer to search for a job, I hear my Dad's voice, "Are you looking for a job or browsing for a job?" At this point, I think I'm loowsing...(that's sort of looking..sort of browsing!).

So here's to my first official month of unemployment! Can't wait to see what next month brings!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Great job as usual. The family room looks great also. If you run out of things to do, I have some junk drawers that have turned into entire junk rooms that are crying for your particular set of skills!! Hang in there you will ge the knack of being a stay at home Mom/housewife if you just focus!!