More like Good Riddance! I have been battling with Charter for a while on billing issues...and today, I finally lost my cool! Actually Saturday, when I was still running a fever with the flu, I received a letter in the mail that they were going to disconnect my telephone over a bill that I paid in October! I'd been in bed all day with the flu, wearing an old maternity nightgown (hey, it's comfortable when you're sick!), hair sticking up, sweaty with a fever and I was screaming cuss words in the phone to someone in India! Jackson stood next to me and just quietly put his hand on my shoulder...I think I scared him! When the woman on the phone suggested I just go to the local office and bring all my paperwork to show them, I slammed the phone and said, "GREAT!".
So today, I ventured to the Charter office in St. Peters. No surprise that they have a big sign on the front door that says, "No concealed weapons"...interesting don't you think? So I put my oozy back in the car! Then as you enter the office, there is a closed circuit TV/camera...so I quickly put on my black ski mask and proceeded to the front desk! After arguing with the woman behind the counter, she finished with, "Well, I don't know what to tell you!"...So I stopped screaming and ran out of the building throwing my paperwork all over the parking lot! It seemed really effective for the 7 or 8 people behind me as they all rolled their eyes like they could feel my pain! I got more satisfaction screaming to the pretend Charter Customer Service Woman in my car...threatening that I was cancelling my service as soon as I got home than I did from all the phone calls to their Customer Service Dept. in India and the visit to their local office!
So I am pleased to say...we are no longer Charter Communications customers! And the 4 hours it took me to figure out who to switch our phone, Internet and cable to...was SO WORTH IT!
When I called Charter this afternoon to let them know that I wanted all services cancelled, the woman from India said she needed to forward me to "someone who could help me through my situation"...They transferred me to Matt...obviously an American..sounded like a college student! He said, "Whoa...I am totally sorry...I don't even know what to say...based upon what I'm looking at...your account is totally screwed up and I can see why you're done with us...looks like this has been going on for a few months....whoa! So I'm not even going to try and talk you into staying..I'll leave you with ...hope you have a stellar rest of the day! "
How's that for Customer Service!
No comments:
Post a Comment