Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Well, I hit 39 this year on Dec. 7th! Started my birthday celebration a few days early. Rick planned a getaway to Embassy Suites...my favorite!! I was so excited to sleep in those big fluffy beds...no kids...sleeping in until I woke up! At 1:45 I woke up feeling sick. Finally at about 4 a.m., when I had been up about 7 times, I realized that I had the flu. Finally at 10:30 the next morning, as I sat in the bathroom dry heaving and crying, I asked Rick if we could just go home.
For those that know me...You know, that I NEVER leave the house without a shower and makeup! And like the lucky people that we are...it was the one time that we found a discrepancy on our bill! So as Rick cleared up the mess at the front desk...I stood in the lobby leaning against a big pillar by the front door, wet hair, no makeup, baggy sweats, smelling the continental breakfast and gagging! I'm sure I scared a few arriving guests away!

When we got home, I went straight to bed and started praying that it was just a 24 hour bug because I didn't think I would make it if it was a 48 or 72 hour thing! I finally got out of bed on Sunday!

Mustered up enough strength to attend the Borgmeyer Christmas Round Robin party...it's where we all get together and bring appetizers and drinks. In the old days, we used to drive from house to house for a new drink and appetizer and then we realized that if we were going to drink that much alcohol, we better just stay at one house. I'm so glad I went because it was a blast!
As you can see by the pictures...it was another stellar year with the Borgmeyer Clan! Nothing like mixing sweet cider, chocolate martinis, amaretto ice cream drinks and Coronas! I actually stuck with water and was able to focus to take pictures with my phone!

This would be when we put on Dennis' old LP's and the guys sang Hall and Oats' "Private Eyes!" CLASSIC!















And notice the dollar bills tucked in Connie's sweater...I think she made like 5 bucks when she did her Dollar Chair Dance!


And I think this is when Phil was dancing to Janet Jackson's "Control"! Too Funny!
All in all, it was a lot of fun and a great way to recuperate from my miserable flu!
Thanks for the laughs everyone..my sides are still hurting from laughing so hard!

No comments: