So tonight, we went to Emma's Christmas Program for school. She's been practicing for at least two months for this! She has been singing Feliz Navidad every night...and talking about the "bila" (dance in Spanish) that she was going to do. When I asked her about the dance, she just showed me this hip swinging dance that her teacher, Ms. Maria taught her...no big deal, right? YOU HAVE NO IDEA!
When Ms. Maria gave me Emma's Christmas Tree costume, she said, "Dis eh Beddy Beddy importante! Emma eh dance en front!". I could barely understand her...in fact Ms. Maria actually corrected herself half way through talking to me and said, "Awhhh...I sorry...that is French that I just say".. WHAT?!@##!@!..... she speaks total Spanish and just happens to throw in a few French words? I almost stopped her and said, "You know, I took 15 years of French, I bet if you just spoke in French, I could pick up more than I am right now! With all that said, I could tell, she was trying to tell me something about Emma's tree being very important...I just took it as a teacher expressing how wonderful my daughter was!
So anyway, pan to tonight...I was so nervous for my baby! She looked so cute in her green turtle neck...green tights...green Christmas Tree jumper. I bought her a Christmas bracelet to wear and SHE WAS SET!
So the lights dim, her class walks out on stage...there were boys dressed as shepherds...girls dressed as Santas and then there was Emma...front and center as THE ONLY CHRISTMAS TREE! Mr. Kerry announces that Ms Maria and her class are going to "do a little show"...and then...the music starts. Ever heard Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas?" For weeks, Emma kept yelling, "It's my song!"...when it played on the radio...I thought, Oh, that's cute...she likes this song...LITTLE DID I KNOW!
So it starts off soft and slow..."Oh, I don't want a lot for Christmas...there is just one thing I need. I don't care about the presents...underneath the Christmas tree...I just want you for my own...more than you could ever know...make my wish come true...all I want for Christmas, is youuuuuuu".. Badum Badum Badum Badum...
Then...the hips were in full force and didn't stop...No matter what was going on around her on stage...she was on target...dancing her little heart out. And the end...she gave the audience a big two fisted kiss! I swear, this girl is destined for something great! She's a natural!
She was awesome! Rick told her that she looked like a movie star up on stage! She said, "I know!". Then tonight when I tucked her in, I leaned down by her ear and whispered..."I love you, my little Christmas Tree"...and she said, "Mom, it's movie star!". Can you believe it...fame has already gone to her head!
I had you all in mind as I shot video...knowing that my blog could only show video of 20 seconds or less...I've been working on this blog, trying to load video for 2 hours now...so I ended up finally opting for Smilebox and loaded the videos. So enjoy! Don't be surprised if it takes a few minutes to load...and each slide seems to take a few seconds to load...must be all the videos. I'm apologizing right now for the camera shaking...I was laughing so hard, I couldn't hold it still...This is a RIOT!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |

2 comments:
Emma, You look MARVILOUS! I wish I could have been there in person! Pawpaw said you did a great job. Love you! Mawmaw Sherri
Kelly,
That is so cute! You are right she is definitly destined for something great!! She sure can move those hips! Did she get that from you?
Merry Christmas. Love the video.
Love,
Jen
Post a Comment